In previous articles, we introduced the application process for the investment registration certificate (IRC), enterprise registration certificate (ERC) and environmental license. In this article, we will provide the legal consultancy and guideline for the firefighting (FF) acceptance application, which is a required document before a manufacturer can start operation.
FF application acceptance is compulsory for enterprises engaging in business activities under FF and prevention management according to Appendix 1 issued with Decree No. 136/2020/ND-CP, dated November 24, 2020. Manufacturers must apply for FF license acceptance immediately after receiving their IRC and ERC. Please refer to the chart below describing the entire licensing procedure for a manufacturing enterprise to open a factory in Vietnam.
In practice, after receiving an IRC and ERC, enterprises need to follow the following 5 steps to get FF license acceptance:
(1) Get approval of factory fit-out design from lessor
(2) Submit the application for fire safety design to the provincial fire department
(3) Fit-out the factory according to the approved design
(4) The fire department will conduct a fire safety inspection at the production facility and require modification if necessary
(5) Submit application for the fire safety acceptance
As mentioned above, the application for fire safety design must be submitted before commencing fitting-out work. According to decree No. 136/2020/ND-CP, the list of documents when applying for fire safety design are as follows:
- Application for consideration and feedback on fire safety solution of investor (Form No. PC06) (a letter of authorization must be made if another unit is authorized to do this task).
- A copy of permission for investment issued by competent authority.
- Written approval of construction investment guidelines (if any), or IRC (if any) or certificate of land use rights, or written proof of lawful land use rights (for the remaining cases)
- Certificate of eligibility for FF service business of fire safety design consultancy unit
- Drawings and description of the fundamental design that specify the requirements for fire safety and FF solutions as specified by law.
Timeline for reviewing fire safety design: 5-10 business days.
Below is a list of documents required for the fire acceptance certification:
- A copy of fire safety design approval issued by a fire department.
- A copy of the certificate of inspection of fire safety and FF equipment.
- Records on testing, partial inspection and overall inspection of the fire prevention and fire extinguishing system.
- As-built drawings of the fire prevention and extinguishing system and items pertaining to fire safety and FF, according to the approved design document.
- Instructions regarding the operation and maintenance of fire prevention and fire extinguishing system.
- Record of acceptance of the whole system and equipment related to fire safety and FF.
- Copies of certificates of eligibility for FF service business of the supervision consultancy unit (if any) and FF system construction unit.
These documents must be certified by the project investor/vehicle owner, contractor, and consultancy unit. Documents in other languages will be translated into Vietnamese.
WHAT BW CAN DO TO SUPPORT TENANTS?
First and foremost, our facilities and infrastructure satisfy international standards. At BW’s factories and warehouses, a fire prevention system (including fire alarm switches, fire boxes and fire extinguishers) is available and regularly checked to ensure the safety of fire prevention and FF.
Thanks to our understanding of the Vietnamese Government and excellent customer service, we are confident to provide investors a one-stop service with proper legal consultancy from licensing to actual operation in the shortest timeframe. We will advise investors regarding the application procedure and introduce firefighting licensing agency; we will also support them during the preparation and application process.
For more legal consultancy on licensing procedures for foreign manufacturers in Vietnam, please contact our hotline at (+84) 28 710 29 000 or email email@example.com.