[5 min read]
In previous articles, we introduced the application process for the investment registration certificate (IRC), enterprise registration certificate (ERC) and environmental license (EPP/EIAR). In this article, we will provide the legal consultancy and guideline for the firefighting (FF) acceptance application, which is a required document before a manufacturer can start operation.
FF acceptance is compulsory for enterprises engaging in business acitivities under FF and prevention management according to Appendix 1 issued with Decree No. 79/2014/NĐ-CP, dated July 31, 2014. Manufacturers must apply for FF acceptance right after receiving their IRC and ERC. Please refer to the chart below decribing the entire licensing procedure for a manufacturing enterprise to open a factory in Vietnam.
In practice, after receiving an IRC and ERC, enterprises need to go through the following 5 steps to get FF acceptance:
(1) Get approval of factory fit-out design from lessor
(2) Submit the application for fire safety designto the provincial fire department
(3) Fit-out the factory according to the approved design
(4) The fire department will conduct a fire safety inspection at the production facility and require modification if necessary
(5) Submit application for the fire safety acceptance
As mentioned above, the application for fire safety design must be submitted before commencing fitting-out work. According to decree No. 79/2014/ND-CP, the list of documents when applying for fire safety design are as follows:
- A written proposal for fire safety and FF solutions by the investor (a letter of authorization must be made if another unit is authorized to do this task).
- A copy of permission for investment issued by competent authority.
- Estimated investment in the project.
- Drawings and description of the fundamental design that specify the requirements for fire safety and FF solutions as specified by law
Timeline for reviewing fire safety design: 5-10 business days
Below is a list of documents required for the fire acceptance certification:
- A copy of fire safety design approval issued by a fire department.
- A copy of the certificate of inspection of fire safety and FF equipment.
- Records on testing, partial inspection and overall inspection of the fire prevention and fire extinguishing system.
- As-built drawings of the fire prevention and extinguishing system and items pertaining to fire safety and FF, according to the approved design document.
- Instructions regarding the operation and maintenance of fire prevention and fire extinguishing system.
- Record of acceptance of the whole system and equipment related to fire safety and FF.
These documents must be certified by the project investor/vehicle owner, contractor and consultancy unit. Documents in other languages will be translated into Vietnamese.
WHAT BW CAN DO TO SUPPORT TENANTS?
First and foremost, our facilities and infrastructure satisfy international standards. At BW’s factories and warehouses, a fire prevention system (including fire alarm switches, fire boxes and fire extinguishers) is available and regularly checked to ensure the safety of fire prevention and FF.
Thanks to our understanding of the Vietnamese Government and excellent customer service, we are confident to provide investors a one-stop service with proper legal consultancy from licensing to actual operation in the shortest timeframe. We will advise investors regarding the application procedure and introduce firefighting licensing agency; we will also support them during the preparation and application process.
For more legal consultancy on licensing procedures for foreign manufacturers in Vietnam, please contact our hotline at (+84) 28 710 29 000 or email [email protected].